I’ve been practicing SPIN selling for a while, and it works pretty well.
Here’s an article from Purchase.com’s blog that illustrates this well: http://www.purchase.com/blog/increase-sales/spin-selling
From the blog post:
- How many carpets or rugs do you have in your house?Problem Questions
- What problems do you have with your vacuum cleaner?
- How old is it?
- How often does your vacuum cleaner’s belt break often?
- How heavy is it?
- Where do you store it?Implication Questions
- Is your vacuum cleaner so heavy that it aches your back to lift it from the closet or even to vacuum?
- Is you vacuum so large and heavy that it’s hard to store away?Need/Payoff Questions
- How much happier would you be if you had a new vacuum cleaner that was half the height and weight, and could easily be stored and NEVER needed a new belt again?